Monday, April 2, 2007

*exasperated sigh*

Do some people just have no regard for the people around them? Let's compare me to this girl who is sitting at the other end of my row in the computer lab, shall we?

Me: I received a phone call earlier in the day. There were not a lot of people in the computer lab at the time, but I still think it is very rude to carry on a telephone conversation while people around me are trying to work. I'll even take this to "while people are around me at all"--if I'm visiting someone and my phone rings, I will take it into another room to answer, if I even deem it is necessary to answer at all. It's just common courtesy, right?

So I took my phone outside and stood out on the sidewalk for the duration of my approximately six-minute conversation. I then came back in, sat back at my computer again, and continued my work. No one even had to know I was on the phone.

Girl over there -->: For the past twenty minutes, I've had to listen to this girl, at full volume, call various body-piercing shops in an attempt to set up an appointment to get her belly button pierced. Are you serious? Do I really need to hear about this? Is this any of my business, let alone any of the business of the other half-dozen people in the lab? Come on, please. Honestly. Take it outside. Or do it when you're at home. Or, even better, don't get your stupid belly button pierced, you stupid!

OK, I feel a little bit better now. Thanks, blog. You're a good pal.

2 comments:

Pseudonym Jim said...

I'm glad someone said it... I hate when I'm at the library and some asshole is sitting at a computer talking on their cellphone while I'm trying to work. I typically want to say something, but I never actually do. Writing a post about it seems like a good release. Perhaps, next time I find myself in that situation I'll blog about it. Douchebags...

Anonymous said...

Maybe you guys need to FOCUS more on your work at hand than pay any attention to these people who may be speaking loud enough to be heard, but still minding their own business ... It is, afterall a public place, therefore, perhaps if the noise is bothering you so much - maybe you should go somewhere else more private where you can spend 'alone time' with yourself.
Get over yourself ...