Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Posterized

I spent a large majority of last week working on an epic post. It's saved in a draft. Long story short, it's the story of what happened to me last fall, how it resulted in my having to move out of my apartment, and what I learned from the debacle. But I couldn't come to a conclusion on it, so the post remains unfinished. I was typing and typing and typing, but my heart wasn't in it. It was pointless. I just don't care any more. I'm so over it. w00t.

So anyway, moving on. Here's a random post.

I was at a Denny's in Hamburg, NY, last Saturday night (now there's an exotic Spring Break destination!) when I overheard this interaction between a customer and the waitress:

Customer: "Me and her are gonna split the Mexican Slam."
Waitress: "That's her and I, sweetie."

Nice try, stupid waitress, but you're wrong, too. It's SHE AND I! I nearly choked on my rage. Before that causes you to lose all faith in the grammaticality of America, though, consider what I heard on my way out of the Sabres' game at HSBC Arena earlier that same night:

Random drunk guy, yelling: "Hey! Where's the bars?!?"
Random douchebag, yelling: "You mean where are the bars!"

L-O-freaking-L. It almost made up for sitting through the Sabres losing yet another game. Almost.

2 comments:

rayhedrick said...

Come on, Dave. It's so easy to get over the unfortunate acts of society, but the Sabres were just starting to look like they could win it all...

Steven said...

I'll wager that the waitress didn't receive a tip from "me and her."